NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
NOTICE is hereby given that Borough Council for the Borough of Spring City, Chester County, Pennsylvania, will hold a PUBLIC HEARING on Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 7:00 P.M. prevailing time at Borough Hall, 6 South Church Street, Spring City, Pennsylvania to consider the adoption of, and if approved, will adopt an Ordinance entitled
“An Ordinance requiring all persons, partnerships, businesses, and corporations to obtain a permit for any construction or development; providing for the issuance of such permit; setting forth certain minimum requirements for new construction and development within areas of the Borough of Spring City which are subject to flooding; and establishing penalties for any persons who fail, or refuse to comply with, the requirements or provisions of this Ordinance.”
The pertinent provisions of this Ordinance will include:
- Designation of a Floodplain Administrator;
- Requirement for a permit before any construction or development is undertaken within the Borough;
- Application procedures and requirements for the issuance of permits;
- Enforcement procedures and penalties for noncompliance with the terms of the Ordinance;
- Identification of floodplain areas within the Borough;
- Prohibitions and requirements related to the alteration or relocation of a watercourse;
- Elevation and floodproofing requirements for permitted construction or renovations;
- Design and construction standards;
- Prohibited structures within an Identified Floodplain Area;
- Provisions applicable to existing structures in Identified Floodplain Areas;
- Variance procedures and conditions, which shall be considered by the Borough of Spring City Zoning Hearing Board;
- Definitions to be utilized in accordance with this Ordinance.
The full text of the Ordinance is available for inspection without charge on the Borough’s website at www.springcitypa.gov or at the Borough of Spring City, 6 South Church Street, Spring City, Pennsylvania, weekdays during the hours from 9:00 A.M. to noon and from 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. and also at the offices of the Pottstown Mercury, 24 North Hanover Street, Pottstown Pennsylvania, during normal business hours.
If any person who wishes to attend the hearing has a disability and/or requires an auxiliary aid, service or other accommodation to observe or participate in the hearing, he or she should contact the Borough at 610-948-3660 to discuss how those needs may be accommodated.
Robert M. Romain, Esquire